Starting Date: Week of February 20th, 2023
At Native Plantscapes NW, we work as a team to restore native forests, prairies, and wetlands in the northern Willamette Valley, install native and non-native plant landscapes for private and public landowners, and grow plants native to the Pacific Northwest.
NPNW Crew Member Position Description
Work as part of a team to;
• Restore native forests, prairies, and wetlands in the northern Willamette Valley;
• Implement native plant landscaping designs and landscape construction for private and public landowners;
• Provide support for a native plant nursery;
• Maintain and add to a positive team environment by working productively with a team of diverse individuals.
A crew position is a manual labor position working outdoors during all kinds of weather. This position requires the ability to work long days in difficult, often steep, and variable terrain, lift heavy objects, safely use hand tools and power tools, identify native and invasive plants, read maps, have a good sense of direction in the outdoors, and use common sense to identify problems.
• Removal of brush, trees, and weedy vines from natural areas using hand tools, chainsaws, brush cutters,and mowers.
• Installing soft surface trails, fences, pavers, walkways, shoveling, wheelbarrowing, pruning, mulching, hauling, and other general landscape duties.
• Treat invasive plantspecies with herbicide.
• Weeding using hand tools and power tools.
• Planting of bare-root, containers, plugs, and bulbs.
• Seed collection, cleaning, sowing, and potting.
• Loading and unloading of nursery trucks.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Applicants must be able to show recent experience working in the outdoors. Relevant experience would include ranching, farming, landscaping, industrial tree planting, wild land firefighting, nursery, or other applicable work experience.
• Have a basic knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn native plants most commonly used in restoration.
• Be able to follow instructions and safety guidelines.
• Work positively as part of a team.
Hours, Wages and Benefit Packages
A typical work week is Monday through Friday eight hours a day. Start and end times vary due to seasonal project needs and weather conditions.
Entry level starting wage is $18.00 per hour. After successful completion of an herbicide applicators test, $19.00 an hour. There is an eligibility for salary increases after six months and/or upon additional responsibilities assigned. Applicants with field experience may start at a higher wage depending upon their experience.
Paid leave is accrued annually up to 80 hours per year. In addition, we have six paid holidays each calendar year.
Full time employees are eligible for health benefits after a 60-day probation period. Our current health benefits include medical, dental and vision. The company pays for 50% of the medical benefits and 75% of dental and vision benefits. We also have an FSA program that provides up to $500 per full time employee per year for health expenses.
Please send your resume to Anna Hurtado De Mendoza
We look forward to hearing from you.