At Native Plantscapes NW, we work as a team to restore native forests, prairies, and wetlands in the northern Willamette Valley, install native and non-native plant landscapes for private and public landowners, and grow plants native to the Pacific Northwest. We are looking for a foreman for landscape installation. This position is seasonal but will be work with our team to implement restoration projects and at our nursery in the off season to provide year-round full-time employment.
Landscape Foreman Job Description
This position has broad and varied responsibilities including loading vehicles with daily tools needed for project implementation, supervising on site project implementation, irrigation maintenance repair, soft and hardscape pathway construction, sustainable landscaping practices, knowledge of safety best management practices, and an ability to do heavy lifting and long days of labor. This position is not office-based. It is a field position that requires knowledge of landscaping and landscape installation techniques on private properties.
· Frequent travel between sites in the Portland Metro Area.
· Conducting site visits with project manager and/or owner to prepare for project implementation.
· Implementing diverse landscape projects under supervision of project manager and/or owner.
· The ability to make decisions using safety best management practices in the field.
· Giving instructions, providing corrections, and motivating crew members while creating a positive work environment.
· Employing best management practices as directed by project manager and/or owner for controlling invasive plants.
· Finding the most efficient and effective way to utilize resources to accomplish assigned tasks.
· Minimum of two years field experience in landscaping field and/or two-year landscape technology or equivalent degree.
· Excellent communication skills and leadership qualities.
· Knowledge of safety best management practices.
· Knowledge of sustainable landscaping principles.
· Knowledge of native plants, habitat benefits and local ecology.
· Plant identification of native, non-native and invasive plant species.
· General tree care and plant pruning techniques.
· Knowledge of landscape construction implementation methods.
· Experience with herbicide application and ability to obtain and maintain commercial pesticide applicators license(s).
· Ability to regularly perform up to 10 hours of physically demanding and strenuous work per day.
· Good driving record.
· 85% Crew management and field work
· 15% Administrative duties as assigned
Hours, Wages and Benefit Packages
A typical work week is Monday through Friday eight hours a day. Start and end times vary due to seasonal project needs and weather conditions.
Wages are based on experience. Generally, entry level is $20.00 per hour, mid-level $22.00 per hour and experienced $24.00 per hour.
Paid leave is accrued annually up to 80 hours per year. In addition, we have six paid holidays each calendar year.
Full time employees are eligible for health benefits after a 60-day probation period. Our current health benefits include medical, dental and vision. The company pays for 50% of the medical benefits and 75% of dental and vision benefits. We also have an FSA program that provides up to $500 per full time employee per year for health expenses.
Please send your resume to Anna Hurtado De Mendoza
We look forward to hearing from you.